Banana Breakfast Cookies ~ a wholesome, yummy breakfast on-the-go that’s naturally sweetened, gluten-free, and perfect for using up ripe bananas! | FiveHeartHome.com
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large bananas (ripe or slightly overripe), mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or your favorite nut or non-nut butter, like almond butter or sunflower seed butter)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or your favorite nut)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or raisins, optional
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Measure oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl; whisk to combine. Stir in mashed banana, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, pecans, and chocolate chips. Scoop dough using a scant 1/4-cup measuring cup for form 12 cookies. Flatten the top of each cookie on the baking sheet and bake for 14 to 16 minutes. Allow cookies to cool completely on baking sheet before storing in an airtight container.