This Chicken and Rice Soup is an easy, healthy soup recipe that’s perfect for chilly days! It’s loaded with vegetables and brown rice, simmered in chicken broth and finished with a touch of creaminess. #chicken #soup #recipe #cooking #spendwithpennies #easysoup #chickendandrice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion minced
- 3 large carrots peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- avatarFollow Spend with Pennies on Pinterest
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and celery and cook and stir for 3-4 minutes, until onion begins to turn golden.
- Add garlic, parsley and thyme and cook 1 minute.
- Add salt and pepper, broth, chicken. Add rice. Stir and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.