Mom, can we have cookies for breakfast? ….. Yes! I am sure as a parent you have heard this question before. Cookies for breakfast? No WAY! Well, with these Healthy Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies, you can eat cookies
- 2 cups oatmeal, uncooked quick
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- (optional add-ins: 1/3 cup of raisins, chocolate chips or cranberries. For a sweeter cookie, you can also add 1 TBSP of honey)
- Preheat heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together, oatmeal, bananas, vanilla extract, applesauce and cinnamon.
- Prepare a cookie sheets with parchment paper. Drop cookie dough in spoonfuls onto the the cookie sheet, and then flatten cookies into round shapes. ( I made about 17 medium cookies)