Laksa is a slightly spicy coconut noodle soup that’s sure to please.
- Quick and dirty chili sauce
- 3 tsp sambal oelek
- 2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp laksa paste
- 4 chicken thighs boneless or bone-in, skin removed
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup laksa paste available at Asian grocery stores
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2-1 tsp kashmiri chili powder or a big pinch of cayenne
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 3 fried tofu puffs cut in half (optional)
- 6-8 oz rice noodles medium width
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- chili sauce, red chilies, cilantro and bean sprouts to garnish
- Pre-soak the noodles
- Soak the noodles in cold water for 30 minutes or so. Make sure they are fully submerged.
- Drain and set aside until you are ready to serve.