Hands down THE best Vegan Banana Pancakes. They are soft, fluffy, super delicious and so simple to make, from scratch, in a blender. This is an essential, keep handy in your back pocket, recipe that
- 240 ml / 1 cup unsweetened non dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon oil of choice , or cashew butter for oil free but they won’t be quite as light and fluffy
- 1 medium banana, peeled , weighing around 170 g in it’s skin
- 200 g / 1½ cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour , or spelt flour (see the recipe notes re measuring the flour). If you are in the UK use plain flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda (bicarbonate of soda in the UK)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender . It blends up much easier if you add the liquid ingredients first, followed by the dry ingredients.
- If you don’t have a blender you can make them by hand. I will include instructions at the end.
- Blend the ingredients until smooth. Don’t over blend. turn it off as soon as everything is smooth and combined. It should take less than a minute.