Best Vegan Lasagna! Voluptuous Roasted Vegetable Vegan Lasagna With Puttanesca Sauce. #vegan #veganrecipe #delicious
- 4 red or yellow bell peppers (about ¾ pound)
- 4 large zucchini (1½ pounds), sliced on a diagonal about ¼-inch thick
- 1 large Italian eggplant (about 1 pound), sliced into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- 1 large onion (about ½ pound), sliced into ¼-inch-thick rounds
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for coating the grill pan
- 6 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs, leaves stripped from the stems and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Herb Ricotta (recipe follows)
- 2 cups Basil Pesto (recipe follows)
- Puttanesca Sauce (recipe follows)
- 1 pound lasagna noodles, cooked in boiling salted water just until al dente, drained, and rinsed (I use gluten-free)
- 10 ounces soy mozzarella, preferably Follow Your Heart Vegan Gourmet, shredded (4 cups)
- Put each pepper directly on a gas burner over high heat and char, turning periodically with tongs, until the skin is wrinkled and blistered on all sides, about 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can roast the peppers using a broiler, turning them occasionally. Put the peppers into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let them steam for about 10 minutes to loosen the skins.
- Pull out the cores of the peppers and remove the seeds. Pull off and discard the blackened skin. Dip your fingers in water as you work to keep the charred bits from sticking. Cut the roasted peppers into ½-inch-wide strips and put in a large mixing bowl, along with any juices that have collected. Add the sliced zucchini, eggplant and onion, tossing to combine.
- Combine the oil, basil, thyme, garlic and shallot in a small bowl or measuring cup, season with salt and pepper, and whisk to blend. Pour the marinade over the vegetables, tossing to coat evenly. Set aside for 10 minutes so the vegetables can soak up the flavor.