A healthy muffin that tastes amazing. Great for breakfast or snack time!
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (rolled oats)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup milk or buttermilk or milk of choice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 Tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¾ cup flour (can use whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12-count muffin tin with liners or grease the muffin cups then set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oatmeal, applesauce, milk, egg, vanilla, butter and sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt