A dairy-free take on the classic Caprese salad.
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes
- 3 medium avocados
- 1 large bunch fresh basil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- aged balsamic vinegar optional
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Cut the avocado around the equator and remove pit. Slice into rounds, then remove the peel. Lightly toss avocado slices in lemon juice.
- Slice tomatoes and salt lightly.
- Layer tomato slices, avocado slices, and basil leaves. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, if using. Salt and pepper to taste.