FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup Dutch processed cocoa powder, (can substitute regular unsweetened baking cocoa too)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- US Customary – Metric
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and SPRAY with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together powder sugar, salt, and cocoa powder. Stir in egg whites and vanilla extract until the batter is completely moistened. It will be very thick, similar to brownie batter. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter on the sprayed parchment lined sheets, about 1 tablespoon per scoop (Using a small cookie scoop makes this very easy!) You will end up with about 12 mounds per sheet. Let the cookie sheets rest for 30 minutes before baking*, meanwhile preheating oven to 350ºF. Bake for 10-12 minutes until tops are glossy and lightly cracked. The edges will be set and the middle slightly undercooked.