- 500g plain flour
- 1/2 tablespoon dried yeast granules
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bread improver
- 325ml water at room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/3 cup chopped continental parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 200g Grated Philly and Tasty cheese
- Mix the flour, yeast, salt, sugar and bread improver together in a large bowl. Add half of the water to the dry ingredients and then mix, slowly adding the remaining water whilst mixing. When all mixed together the ingredients should come together in a ball at this point transfer to a floured bench top.
- Add the olive oil to the ball of dough and knead it in. If necessary, add extra flour if it becomes too sticky and continue working dough. The kneading is extremely important as it is a necessary technique to ensure the dough will rise and be fluffy. You want to kneed the dough till the texture is smooth and elastic.
- Return the dough to the bowl, cover it with glad wrap and then a tea towel and keep warm until the mixture doubles in size – this can take 1 – 1.5 hours depending on the weather).
For full instructions you can go to : https://chewtown.com