These Dark Chocolate Peppermint Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs are Decorated with Pink and Red Candy Cane Stripes of Royal Icing! Follow my Video Tutorial and enjoy this Fun and Festive Holiday Recipe.
- 1 batch Simply Perfect Chocolate Sugar Cookies (1 teaspoon peppermint extract added to the dough), baked and cooled completely
- ROYAL ICING
- 2 tablespoons meringue powder
- 5 tablespoons water
- 2 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- Additionally- gel paste food coloring and a few teaspoons more water to thin the icing to the proper consistency.
- MAKE ROYAL ICING
- Place the meringue powder and water in a large bowl and whisk until all the powder has dissolved and the mixture is frothy.Add the powdered sugar and stir until combined.
- Whip on high speed until the icing is very fluffy and stiff, about 5-7 minutes. It should hold stiff peaks.