10 minutes and 1 bowl are all you need to whip up these healthy No-Bake Carrot Cake Energy Bites! They’re nut-free, gluten-free, and vegan.
- 3 large Medjool dates, pitted (~40g)
- 4 dried apricots (~26 g)
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (80 g) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (28 g) coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (115 g) shredded carrots
- unsweetened shredded coconut, for garnish
- Into the bowl of a food processor or high-speed blender, add dates, apricots, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract, processing until dates and apricots have broken down into smaller pieces and ingredients are well combined
- Add oats, coconut flour, spices, and shredded carrot, continuing to process until ingredients are well combined and the mixture sticks together easily.
- Add generous amount of shredded coconut to a shallow bowl. Using a heaping tablespoon, roll dough between your hands before rolling it in the coconut to coat. Set aside on a plate and repeat with remaining dough. Store balls in an airtight container in the fridge for best results, or freeze for longer periods of time.